Hospice of the EUP: Our Partners in Your Care
Hospice services are provided jointly in Chippewa and Mackinac counties by EUP Home Health & Hospice (a service of the Chippewa County Health Department) and Hospice of the EUP. Patients and their families can seldom tell the difference between the two organizations, as they provide coordinated care jointly to every patient.
While nurses and aides are employed by EUP Home Health and Hospice, volunteers are the heart of Hospice of the EUP. These caring community members aid families and individuals faced with life changing situations. Whether it is a simple smile or a warm huge, a ride to the grocery store, or a listening ear, Hospice volunteers are there.
Volunteers generously donate their time to enhance the quality of care provided to patients and their families by:
* providing respite care
* transporting patients to appointments
* giving a warm smile or a reassuring hug
* reading to patients, letter writing, and other personal activities
* shopping or running errands
* delivering supplies from the Hospice office
* assisting with light household tasks
* providing companionship
* delivering bereavement support
Working together, these two organizations create a perfect mix of skilled, compassionate care.
Interested in volunteering or learning more about Hospice of the EUP?
Call Director Tracey Holt at (906) 259-0222.